September 14, 2010

About Me

Hi Everybody,

My name is Jenny and I signed up for the class a little late but I still wanted to tell you guys a little about me.  First I want to start with why I decided to take this course.  I'm a business major and I work in sales... which means that I don't have a lot of outlets to be creative.  I absolutely love reading; I can't go one day without having something to read.  I needed an elective course this semester so I decided that I would take another English class.  The one downfall of being a business major is that I don't need to take any English classes and I also tested out of it which means I didn't need any English credits either.  I'm very excited about this class because all I read is novels.  I'm even more excited about this class because I've always had a fascination with vampires.  That vampires was the topic of this course was a pleasant surprise for me and I think it will be an interesting learning experience.  

I have already read two of the books that are required for this class.  I read Wuthering Heights, which I liked but I definitely did not look at it from the view that we will in the class so I am excited about that.  I think it will be really interesting.  I also read "Interview with a Vampire" by Anne Rice.  I've got to be honest I found this book very difficult to get through.  I think having classmates to discuss this book with will really help me to understand and dissect it. 

Overall I'm really looking forward to this class.  I'm excited about having an English class again.  It's also going to be nice to have a list of books to read because sometimes I find it hard to find new stuff to read, which means I usually end up re-reading my favorite books.

Which brings me to my favorite books.  I have a lot but if I had to choose it would definitely be Harry Potter and Jane Eyre.  I guess they seem pretty random together but I mainly like classics and fantasy; although I am open to anything.   I've lost count of how many times I've read Harry Potter, but the most recent was this summer while I was traveling to Germany.  I kept getting stopped at customs because I had three books stacked in my carry-on and apparently it looks like a dense container.  I was actually reading "Sense and Sensibility" when I signed up for the class which seems like a good thing because I am in the classic book mode.

Can't wait to get into these books with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment